Monday, April 16, 2012

Rocket, Mint and Cucumber Salad

This super easy salad is one of my favourites.  Combining rocket and lemon juice also means this is a high iron dish for vegetarians and vegans.


What you will need:

rocket, about 200grams
a good bunch of fresh mint
1 - 2 cucumbers
fresh lemon juice
olive oil
salt and pepper

What you need to do:

1.  Wash the mint and pick off the leaves and place them into the bowl.


2.   Slice the cucumbers in half lengthways and then thinly slice.


3.  Add the rocket to the bowl and toss to mix ingredients together.


4.  In a small glass jar mix lemon juice and olive oil with salt and pepper and shake well.  It should actually be about 2 parts oil to one part lemon juice even though my photo is about half and half.  I had to add some more oil.  If you find it a little sour, I sometimes add half a teaspoon of sugar.  It depends on how sweet the lemons are.



5.  Pour the dressing over just before serving.  My photo above isn't dressed as I had to take the salad to a bar-b-q in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment